Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil not working

Apple pencil is paired with iPad Pro but it will not write or do anything? I have tried restarting, repairing the pencil via blue tooth, forgetting it etc. still will not write or function period. I have the ipad pro12.9 2020

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 8:39 PM

EuropeanGirl Said:

"Apple pencil not working: Apple pencil is paired with iPad Pro but it will not write or do anything? I have tried restarting, repairing the pencil via blue tooth, forgetting it etc. still will not write or function period. I have the ipad pro12.9 2020"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Syncing is off, or perhaps it is no longer being seen as a trusted device. So, refer to the following...

Verify Compatibility: of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make Sure: that Bluetooth is enabled

Be Certain: there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully Pair: and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 8:39 PM in response to EuropeanGirl

EuropeanGirl Said:

"Apple pencil not working: Apple pencil is paired with iPad Pro but it will not write or do anything? I have tried restarting, repairing the pencil via blue tooth, forgetting it etc. still will not write or function period. I have the ipad pro12.9 2020"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Syncing is off, or perhaps it is no longer being seen as a trusted device. So, refer to the following...

Verify Compatibility: of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make Sure: that Bluetooth is enabled

Be Certain: there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully Pair: and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Apple pencil not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.