Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to wipe a iphone

I have an extra phone. Now I want to use it because my phone is cracked. I have no Apple ID access to it so I can't get into the phone.

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 7:23 AM

You don't, sorry.

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 7:23 AM in response to em2nem1839

You don't, sorry.

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

how to wipe a iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.