Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DRM Apple Content Videos not working

I have brought this information up to Apple support. I have my Sidecar iPad connected to my MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt Display or through a dock, but when I play my DRM content, it will neither play the video on the iPad or on the Thunderbolt Display or on the MacBook Pro screen either. Is there a way other than stripping the DRM protections off of the content to make it work? I don't want to do this but want to have the ability to use all three or even the ability to use the MacBook Pro and sidecar with DRM video.

I have tried the following;

connecting the MacBook to Thunderbolt Display then using the USB A in the display. end result; good connection but only audio no video

Connect MacBook Pro to wifi and iPad to wifi. same result

connect MacBook Pro to 2 different docks, one portable, 1 desk mounted through Thunderbolt. same result

All devices are connected through the same Apple ID.

Apple engineers; this is a problem that needs to be resolved through adjusting the DRM allowances through the protocols used with sidecar. I don't have the ability to change this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 7:56 PM

You need to report this to Apple through either their Support channel (Get Support link above right) or their Feedback channel (Product Feedback - Apple). The Support channel might get help for you personally. The Feedback might help others.

If you want advice from the other users here in the forum, we may need more information.

Did the setup ever work for you, or did the problem start with some particular update?

Does each of the TBD and the iPad work for you when the other is not connected?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 7:56 PM in response to marc_lindquist

You need to report this to Apple through either their Support channel (Get Support link above right) or their Feedback channel (Product Feedback - Apple). The Support channel might get help for you personally. The Feedback might help others.

If you want advice from the other users here in the forum, we may need more information.

Did the setup ever work for you, or did the problem start with some particular update?

Does each of the TBD and the iPad work for you when the other is not connected?

DRM Apple Content Videos not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.