Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod back up

Trying to find out if there it is possible to find out if there was a back up copy of the music on my Ipod classic, which was stolen. I would like to purchase a new ipod and restore my content

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 11:38 AM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2021 1:29 PM in response to Skoozieq

Possibly then, you need to recover the music from your old computer. If the PC is still usable, copy the entire iTunes Media folder (or better still, the Music folder if that's where all your music is) and add it into the Music folder on the new computer. Make sure to include the iTunes .itl file.

If the old computer no longer works, but the hard drive is still usable, remove it from the computer and put it into a caddy for copying onto the new machine (a computer repair shop will be able to advise and help you).

If the above works, open the new iTunes and if it doesn't find the music, close and re-open iTunes, but this time, hold down the shift key and use the option (that is offered) to point to the .itl file from the old machine.

If none of this works, your only option is to re-build from scratch. The method for achieving this depends on where you got the music originally:

• music purchased from the iTunes Store, sign in and go to your account details in the same account that you used to buy the music and download it again from the store
  • for music purchased from Amazon, Bandcamp or other online retailers, go to your account with that store and download your purchases from their site
  • for music obtained from other online sources, such as an artist's website, go back to that site
  • for music ripped from your own CDs, re-rip them into the new library

Skoozieq wrote:

Also, can’t seem to figure out how to get to my library in the iTunes site.

The only music in your iTunes account will be music you bought from the iTunes Store.

The only backups will be ones that you created. Your iTunes Library is the backup for your iPod Classic.

Ipod back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.