Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get I photo 9.6.1 so I can open my old pics

How do I get iPhoto 9.6.1 so I can open my old pics

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 12:25 PM

Which version of iPhoto created the iPhoto library you want to open?

If the iPhoto Library has last been opened by iPhoto 7.1.2 or earlier, you need to prepare it with the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool, see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5037?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

After you run this tool on the library, the Photos.app should be able toped the library.

You seem to have been reading this support document: If Photos won't open a library that you already migrated

If you have already been opening your iPhoto Library once in Photos, the filename extension of the iPhoto Library will have been changed to .migratedphotolibrary .

Change the filename extension of the library back to .photolibrary, if you want to open it again in iPhoto.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 12:25 PM in response to sorensenk

Which version of iPhoto created the iPhoto library you want to open?

If the iPhoto Library has last been opened by iPhoto 7.1.2 or earlier, you need to prepare it with the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool, see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5037?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

After you run this tool on the library, the Photos.app should be able toped the library.

You seem to have been reading this support document: If Photos won't open a library that you already migrated

If you have already been opening your iPhoto Library once in Photos, the filename extension of the iPhoto Library will have been changed to .migratedphotolibrary .

Change the filename extension of the library back to .photolibrary, if you want to open it again in iPhoto.

How do I get I photo 9.6.1 so I can open my old pics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.