Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to load any photos to shared album

Hi there, I have ~3000 photos I need to move from my photostream to a shared album. Im using a 2019 iMac, the latest os, and have tried turning off and on iCloud sharing to no avail. When I did turn it off I was able to upload 1 photo, then I tried to upload the 3000 and none uploaded. I've been trying different things for months and can't manage to upload even 10 photos. I understand the photo upload limits however I have never come close to 1000 photos, 1 is the best I've reached. Any ideas?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 11:10 AM

Hi

Shared albums can only show photos with limited quality - I can't tell you the exact limits right now because the relevant support page seems to be down.

If you want to share full resolution images, you can do it using a shared iCloud drive folder though that will consume your iCloud space that shared albums do not. Also the people will share with will see only the files - they'll have to view them in whatever photo viewing app they have.

The only alternative to that is a third party sharing service such as google photos.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 11:10 AM in response to booeyschewy

Hi

Shared albums can only show photos with limited quality - I can't tell you the exact limits right now because the relevant support page seems to be down.

If you want to share full resolution images, you can do it using a shared iCloud drive folder though that will consume your iCloud space that shared albums do not. Also the people will share with will see only the files - they'll have to view them in whatever photo viewing app they have.

The only alternative to that is a third party sharing service such as google photos.

Dec 12, 2021 1:06 AM in response to booeyschewy

I am astonished that you are seeing still 3000 photos in My Photo-stream. My Photo Stream is keeping only up to 1000 photos in iCloud, and only the ones you added during the last thirty days. If you are seeing more than thousand photos, they are buffered locally or you are looking at a custom album, called My Photo Stream, but not at the actual stream. My Photo Stream should be hidden, if you are using iCloud Photos. What is the format of the photos you cannot upload to a shared album? Is it JPEG or a different format?

Can you export one of the Photos that you cannot share to the shared album to your Desktop?

Unable to load any photos to shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.