Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone edges discolouration

My iPhone 12 mini edge are discoloured. Black colour turning into white on the edges . Does it comes under warranty ?? What to do now??

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 10:19 PM

Sandeep_18 Said:

"My iPhone 12 mini edge are discoloured. Black colour turning into white on the edges . Does it comes under warranty ?? What to do now??"

-------

Any Corrosion?:

Does it look bulged at all? If so, it may be a corroding battery, though a full assumption, on my part. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this looked into.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this iPhone? If this is covered under warranty, then maybe you can get it serviced free of charge, being it is found to be a faulty device. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-wattanty with this too. So, if any of that applies, and if found to be a faulty device, then it might be free-of-charge. In all, that would be Apple's call.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

Proceed from there as Necessary

• NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 10:19 PM in response to Sandeep_18

Sandeep_18 Said:

"My iPhone 12 mini edge are discoloured. Black colour turning into white on the edges . Does it comes under warranty ?? What to do now??"

-------

Any Corrosion?:

Does it look bulged at all? If so, it may be a corroding battery, though a full assumption, on my part. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this looked into.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this iPhone? If this is covered under warranty, then maybe you can get it serviced free of charge, being it is found to be a faulty device. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-wattanty with this too. So, if any of that applies, and if found to be a faulty device, then it might be free-of-charge. In all, that would be Apple's call.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

Proceed from there as Necessary

• NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)

Iphone edges discolouration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.