Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer data from old iPhone to new one

So I have an iPhone 6 with IOS 9 software. The phone is super glitchy and seems like it’s going to die any day so I bought a new iPhone 7 Plus and I want to transfer all my data from the iPhone 6 to the 7+. The problem is iCloud doesn’t work since the software system is outdated and I don’t want to risk updating till I back up my phone. I tried backing up through iTunes on my Mac but I don’t have enough space. I bought an external hard drive but I don’t know how to do the iTunes backup through the hard drive, the only option it gives me is to backup to the computer, which I don’t have enough space for. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can transfer all my data from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7 Plus?

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 10:41 PM

K1534 Said:

"Transfer data from old iPhone to new one: [...]The problem is iCloud doesn’t work since the software system is outdated and I don’t want to risk updating till I back up my phone.[...]"

-------

Two Steps:

1. Update Both Your Phones:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

then...

2. Transfer the Data:

Quick Start: To transfer data to a newer iPhone, use Quick StartUse Quick Start to Transfer Data to a New iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 10:41 PM in response to K1534

K1534 Said:

"Transfer data from old iPhone to new one: [...]The problem is iCloud doesn’t work since the software system is outdated and I don’t want to risk updating till I back up my phone.[...]"

-------

Two Steps:

1. Update Both Your Phones:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

then...

2. Transfer the Data:

Quick Start: To transfer data to a newer iPhone, use Quick StartUse Quick Start to Transfer Data to a New iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Transfer data from old iPhone to new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.