Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 will not charge and will not force start!

My iPhone 7 will not charge and will not force start any suggestions please? I’ve tries different cables different sockets and cleaned the charge point!!

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:17 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If your iPhone won't charge, see: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support.

If your iPhone won't turn on, see: If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies

Dec 12, 2021 12:45 AM in response to Pembs3

The first thing to do is to isolate the problem. First of all, make sure that your charging source and your Lightning cable are healthy. Find a friend or relative with an iDevice and see if your charging rig can charge that device. With any luck, it cannot and you will probably need to replace the charger and/or the cable.

Next, try your friend's known-good charger and cable in your iPhone. Since your battery is completely dead (which is why you cannot do a forced restart), your phone should soon light up with a very dim battery silhouette with a tiny red bar at the bottom of the battery.

If that doesn't work, look for dust in your phone's Lightning port and blow it out with compressed air. If all else fails, visit an Apple Store or repair facility and ask them to diagnose the problem. Good luck.

My iPhone 7 will not charge and will not force start!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.