Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run minecraft Java on my Mac?

I have been looking at the system requirements of minecraft Java edition and I don’t fully understand them (I don’t understand them at all 😂) and I am not sure if my early 2015 MacBook Pro can run it. It’s the 2.9 GHz model. It’s the oldest MacBook Pro model that can currently run Monterey (it currently is on high sierra but I can update it).

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 5:14 AM

Hi,

I think you can run Minecraft Java edition on your MacBook Pro, though you need to install Java JRE on your MacBook Pro before install Minecraft Java edition which is available at following site.

https://java.com/en/download/

7 replies

Dec 12, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Apple-Enthusiast123

Minecraft will be able to run on your MacBook Pro no problem, though from my experience with the mid-2015 2.8GHz MacBook Pro you may need to do some tweaking to get optimal performance. Simply downloading the Minecraft launcher from the official site should allow you to install and play Minecraft without issue, High Sierra is to my knowledge still supported by the latest version. The launcher will automatically deal with Java installation for you, so everything should work as expected, but in the game you may have to turn down some of the video settings to get optimal performance on your machine.

Dec 12, 2021 11:01 AM in response to Apple-Enthusiast123

Optifine is usually a good start for improving Minecraft performance, but my personal recommendation is the Fabulously Optimized modpack, which is a collection of mods that can significantly improve game performance and replicates much of Optifine's features. Your mileage may vary, however, and I encourage you to play around to find the configuration that works the best for your setup. Do keep in mind that none these modifications (including Optifine) are officially approved by Microsoft or Mojang, and that Minecraft is not an Apple product and there are more appropriate internet forums to be asking questions about Minecraft than Apple Support. I'm glad I could help!

Can I run minecraft Java on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.