Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very slow sd card reader

MacBook Pro 14 very slow reading SD card with pictures, 2015 IMAC lightning fast ?

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 3:04 PM

Well I have the same issue with SD card reader on my 14" MacBook Pro. Copying data from any of my SD cards is either painfully slow (under 50Mb/s) or Finder crashes mid process. Is it a hardware issue? Should I worry about this? Should I just take my unit back and exchange it for another one? Please respond. Thanks.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 3:04 PM in response to bailier

Well I have the same issue with SD card reader on my 14" MacBook Pro. Copying data from any of my SD cards is either painfully slow (under 50Mb/s) or Finder crashes mid process. Is it a hardware issue? Should I worry about this? Should I just take my unit back and exchange it for another one? Please respond. Thanks.

Dec 13, 2021 6:46 AM in response to jimdmech63

Hi jimdmech63,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your MacBook Pro reading your SD card slowly. We’re happy to help.

To start, we suggest making sure your MacBook Pro is running the latest macOS version: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Then, try resetting the SMC: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, we suggest testing with a different SD card to see if the issue persists.

Take care.

Very slow sd card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.