Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue dots in iPhone photos

I get blue dots in some of the photos I take- mostly low light shots. This happened on my 11 Pro but persists on my 13 Pro. I was really hoping they would have fixed this by now.

Is anyone aware of a fix or whether this is a defect in my particular phone?

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:24 PM

That looks like lens flare. It is the result of having a light source falling directly on the camera lens. It will happen with any camera if a light source strikes the lens directly.

You should be able to see it on the screen before you take the photo, so try moving the phone slightly, or used your hand to block the light source from hitting the lens. Here is a longer explanation, with other examples→iPhone Camera Lens Flare and Reflections - Apple Community

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 2:24 PM in response to wakis

That looks like lens flare. It is the result of having a light source falling directly on the camera lens. It will happen with any camera if a light source strikes the lens directly.

You should be able to see it on the screen before you take the photo, so try moving the phone slightly, or used your hand to block the light source from hitting the lens. Here is a longer explanation, with other examples→iPhone Camera Lens Flare and Reflections - Apple Community

Blue dots in iPhone photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.