Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working - no „accept/decline” notification

What can be the reason why Airdrop not working? I see the user to send photo, tap on user, but the receiver does not get any notification to accept or decline sending. Everything is turned On: wifi, airdrop to everyone, bluetooth. Tried as well opt is out an in again, turning off the telephone. Nothing worked.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Read this carefully. Be certain the recipient as well as you meet all the listed requirements.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

7 replies

Dec 12, 2021 12:21 PM in response to anastasiia284

Well, without more details, it’s not possible to help further.

• Are you in the recipient’s Contacts?
  • How is the recipient set up to receive AirDrop? From Contacts? From Everyone?
  • What models iPhone are involved?
  • What versions of iOS?
  • Is anyone using Hotspot?
  • What other pertinent facts should you be sharing based on the article’s requirements?

Dec 12, 2021 12:29 PM in response to sberman

• Are you in the recipient’s Contacts? - yes, we are in contacts of each other and when choosing the receiver from my phone I see the receiver in the list.
  • How is the recipient set up to receive AirDrop? From Contacts? From Everyone? Tried both, contact, everyone, everyone ob both phones. Still no notification.
  • What models iPhone are involved? Iphone 12 and iphone 12 mini.
  • What versions of iOS? Updated to the last version.
  • Is anyone using Hotspot? No
  • What other pertinent facts should you be sharing based on the article’s requirements? All notifications are opted in on the recepient phone. One thing we have noticed that in 10-15 minutes recipient received the notification that airdrop was declined. But no notification to accept it

Jan 3, 2022 6:16 AM in response to sberman

I’m also experiencing the exact same issue! Before this every send worked using iPhone 10X and 10XS on the same network using Airdrop; however since upgrading to iOS15.2 and for myself going from the 10XS to iPhone 13 Pro Max (1Tb) and giving my spouse the 10XS it fails to send the accept/decline message to the recipient chosen that it finds in contacts as being near by.

We have both updated the the latest iOS revision (15.2) …this is the only real factor that has changed since it last worked.

That is after all the on-off 🐞 bug hunting is done as per apples recommendations.

(I hold the Diploma of Technology (Interactive Multimedia))

Airdrop not working - no „accept/decline” notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.