Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate contact on my iphone

Why is there duplicate contacts . & How can I delete duplicate contacts?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:56 AM

Assuming these are iCloud contacts, the easiest way is to use a Mac if you have one (the article explains how to do that). But you may find that there's one more step, because (at least for me) removing the duplicates on my computer didn't get rid of the ones on my phone.

For that I would suggest - after you've merged the duplicate contacts on your computer - going into your phone iCloud settings, turning off Contacts (say yes to deleting them from your phone), wait a minute or two, and then turn Contacts back on in iCloud. It'll take a few minutes to sync back up, but the duplicates will be gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 10:56 AM in response to marlyn21

Assuming these are iCloud contacts, the easiest way is to use a Mac if you have one (the article explains how to do that). But you may find that there's one more step, because (at least for me) removing the duplicates on my computer didn't get rid of the ones on my phone.

For that I would suggest - after you've merged the duplicate contacts on your computer - going into your phone iCloud settings, turning off Contacts (say yes to deleting them from your phone), wait a minute or two, and then turn Contacts back on in iCloud. It'll take a few minutes to sync back up, but the duplicates will be gone.

Duplicate contact on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.