Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contact's photo is not sowing up on iCloud.com settings and cContacts

Hi,

My contact's photo is not showing up on iCloud.com on my mac and iPad. On the other hand it works on my iPhone.

I have other issues as well and I think that everything is linked to each other: Safari does not sync tabs groups; Siri suggestions are not the same on all of my devices; Photo syncing is stock on my iPhone and iPad; "shared with me" does not work on iPhone and iPad.

I have a feeling that my devices think iCloud sync does not work properly. Or some kind of sync.

I reseted all of my devices but the problem is still here.

I think something might be related to some small problem I can't find out.

I use IOS 15.1.1, iPadOS 15 and macOS Bug Sur.

All the iCloud services are on.

Please help :)

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 3:49 PM

moms1112 Said:

"My contact's photo is not sowing up on iCloud.com settings and cContacts: [...] have other issues as well and I think that everything is linked to each other:[...]"

-------

Clear Internal Space.

Clearing cookies with clear Safari issues; Clearing media will make things load faster; and clearing caches will clear settings issues.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Connect to your Computer, and perform the following:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performed through use of a computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 3:49 PM in response to moms1112

moms1112 Said:

"My contact's photo is not sowing up on iCloud.com settings and cContacts: [...] have other issues as well and I think that everything is linked to each other:[...]"

-------

Clear Internal Space.

Clearing cookies with clear Safari issues; Clearing media will make things load faster; and clearing caches will clear settings issues.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Connect to your Computer, and perform the following:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performed through use of a computer.

Dec 12, 2021 5:24 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks ThTheLittles,

But my problem was something different. My storage looks great. Also I did reset my Safari couple of times. I even reseted keychain; started new keychain; started new messages; deleted all of my contacts.... So many other things.

I have a feeling that something is messed up with iCloud itself. Maybe:

1. Again the keychain is the problem
  2. iCloud email and Apple ID email are mixed up somehow. (I changed them couple of times. Went from Proton to iCloud and then back. ( It thought it would help)
  3. .....

Really tires..... Trying to solve this icloud issue for 3 month probably and noone can help.

I literally reseted everything I could couple of times and started from scratch.

Dec 12, 2021 8:03 PM in response to moms1112

moms1112 Said:

"My contact's photo is not sowing up on iCloud.com settings and cContacts: Yes I did. But still the same problem. [...]I thing my account is somehow split into two"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

By your description, it does seem like there are two accounts associated to it. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if they can look into this device. Provide them with your Serial Number. For note: My 2017 MBP was a returned item that was never disassociated to the original buyer, yet was never an opened device. So, Apple had to disassociate it from their account. So ask Apple if this is seen under another user.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Dec 12, 2021 6:23 PM in response to moms1112

moms1112 Said:

"My contact's photo is not sowing up on iCloud.com settings and cContacts: [...]Again the keychain is the problem: iCloud email and Apple ID email are mixed up somehow. (I changed them couple of times. Went from Proton to iCloud and then back. ( It thought it would help)[...]"

-------

Did you Clear "Other"?:

"Other" contains caches, which are made to make your iPhone act in remembrance, so that they can open much faster.

Dec 12, 2021 7:13 PM in response to TheLittles

Yes I did.

But still the same problem. Before that I reseted all of my devices. Plus not I discovered that on my Home App I have two accounts apparently: iCloud and Media. (iCloud is my main iCloud email and media is my Apple ID email).

I use one Apple ID for everything though and it's my Protonmail email address. :))

I thing my account is somehow split into two

My contact's photo is not sowing up on iCloud.com settings and cContacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.