Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro shutting down with 10% battery life left

My 2021 Macbook Pro M1 Pro started shutting down with 8-10% battery life left this week, after about 2 months of owning it. Prior to this, it only shutdown with 1% or less battery life left.

How do I resolve this issue?

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 7:11 PM

that does not solve my problem, I want my MacBook Pro to shutdown at 1%, I don't want it to randomly shut down at 8% or 10% ...etc...

I need full battery life. My MacBook Pro should not shut down and refuse to start when there is 8-10% ... let alone 2% battery life left. 8 - 10% could be an 1-2 hours of usage.

The gauge should correspond to the value of battery left before it needs to shut down.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 7:11 PM in response to leroydouglas

that does not solve my problem, I want my MacBook Pro to shutdown at 1%, I don't want it to randomly shut down at 8% or 10% ...etc...

I need full battery life. My MacBook Pro should not shut down and refuse to start when there is 8-10% ... let alone 2% battery life left. 8 - 10% could be an 1-2 hours of usage.

The gauge should correspond to the value of battery left before it needs to shut down.

Dec 14, 2021 7:10 PM in response to judysings

Dec 13, 2021 1:22 PM in response to R_CA_USA

Good afternoon R_CA_USA,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like your MacBook Pro is shutting down with 8-10% battery life, and we'd like to help.

We do not recommend waiting until the computer is at 1% battery life to plug it into power, as this could result in data loss.

If your Mac is near an electrical outlet, it is best to plug it in.

The resources below will provide some guidance:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - See Tips for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro in this resource.

If the issue persists, please reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you!

Take care.

Dec 13, 2021 1:45 PM in response to R_CA_USA

R_CA_USA wrote:

My 2021 Macbook Pro M1 Pro started shutting down with 8-10% battery life left this week, after about 2 months of owning it. Prior to this, it only shutdown with 1% or less battery life left.

How do I resolve this issue?

It is not a advise to run the battery down all the way 1% or less is nearly nothing.

The Battery Health Management may be stepping in to help save your battery from premature deterioration.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks— introduced with macOS10.15.5

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211094

The rule of thumb is if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability the run on battery only.

This is how you reduce the cycle count and prolong the working life of the batter

2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro shutting down with 10% battery life left

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.