Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sign in to appleid.apple.com or Use Another Account

When I get to the login window, I'm asked if I want to sign in with my Apple ID and then password. If I put in the password it won't let me log in with that password.

Go back and choose another account: Using the other account, I use the same Apple ID as "sign in to appleid.apple.com". I then use the same password that was previously used in appleid.apple.com, except this time I log in.

What could be the possible reasons I can't use appleid.apple.com, but using the other account option using the same user name and password I can log in.

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 11:29 AM

Figured out how this works. Seems to be only an issue using Safari.

If you want to sign in to either appleid.apple.com or idmsa.apple.com, click Continue with Password.

In the password field, instead of using your Apple password, use the password to what ever Apple device you are using to sign in with. If on a Mac, use your Mac login password. Same with a iPhone, iPad, etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 11:29 AM in response to Joe Gramm

Figured out how this works. Seems to be only an issue using Safari.

If you want to sign in to either appleid.apple.com or idmsa.apple.com, click Continue with Password.

In the password field, instead of using your Apple password, use the password to what ever Apple device you are using to sign in with. If on a Mac, use your Mac login password. Same with a iPhone, iPad, etc.

sign in to appleid.apple.com or Use Another Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.