Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Delete all “Analytics Data” from IPad 15.1

How can I delete all the analytics data without resetting the iPad?

or Do I have to reset all settings?

If I do reset all setting will my apps and data will remain in the iPad?

I do back up to iCloud…

I believe is a violation of my privacy the analytics data.

thanks,

Alex

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 1:56 PM

I did not say if you sync it will erase them. What I said was to create a backup and the download to the computer. I'm not aware of any need to delete your backup and create them again to have a backup without the files. To my knowledge they are saved separately so the file could be recovered if Apple needed the analytics to diagnose a problem with your device. And no, I'm not aware of where they're located on the computer. I'm not actually aware that they're part of the backup, so they shouldn't even appear in your backup as far as I know. I think creating an additional backup would not be necessary. But then, I suppose that after creating the backup, go back on the phone and see if they are still there. If you have additional questions about removing those files, you can use the Get Support link at the top of this page here and contact Apple Support to ask. I haven't seen a support document that addresses removing that data from the phone. I just remember when I was using iTunes to backup my device before I started using iCloud that one of the first steps in the sync before the backup was marked as copying analytic data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 1:56 PM in response to CHAPPY 8005

I did not say if you sync it will erase them. What I said was to create a backup and the download to the computer. I'm not aware of any need to delete your backup and create them again to have a backup without the files. To my knowledge they are saved separately so the file could be recovered if Apple needed the analytics to diagnose a problem with your device. And no, I'm not aware of where they're located on the computer. I'm not actually aware that they're part of the backup, so they shouldn't even appear in your backup as far as I know. I think creating an additional backup would not be necessary. But then, I suppose that after creating the backup, go back on the phone and see if they are still there. If you have additional questions about removing those files, you can use the Get Support link at the top of this page here and contact Apple Support to ask. I haven't seen a support document that addresses removing that data from the phone. I just remember when I was using iTunes to backup my device before I started using iCloud that one of the first steps in the sync before the backup was marked as copying analytic data.

Dec 12, 2021 7:57 PM in response to CHAPPY 8005

The only time I've seen analytics deleted is when I do a backup of the device in iTunes. Part of that backup copies all of the analytics data, and I believe deletes from the device. Do you have the switch to share analytics turned off? If so, I'm not sure what the privacy issue is. These analytics are to help diagnose issues with the iPad, and unless you share them, no one has access to them.

Dec 12, 2021 9:01 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I do have them turn off, but I’ve noticed that my storage is increasing,,,I did check my apps and are OK, however the system files and system data are huge over 13 Gb and 14 GB,,, I went into the analytics and is huge the files,,I couldn’t reach the end….

I read, if ai “sync” it will erase them, then I just delete the backup in my laptop and redo again the backup so a8 can have an iCloud and Laptop backups without these files..

Any advice,,should I go for it??

How to Delete all “Analytics Data” from IPad 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.