Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I just walk into an Apple store for battery replacement?

Can I just walk into an Apple .store for a battery replacement?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 8:11 AM

It's possible that there's an unreserved slot or a no-show, but I wouldn't count on it. I've walked into an Apple Store with something urgent and no appointment. Once I got serviced after waiting for an hour. Another time I was shown available appointment times (most were well into the next week) or was told to come back when they opened the next day to be placed on a walk-in waiting list.

If it's really urgent then there might be Apple Authorized Service Providers near you that have earlier appointment times. Have you checked for appointments? I'm looking up available appointments in my area for an iPhone battery replacement and see several Apple Stores and several AASPs with appointments today. I wouldn't let anyone at Best Buy touch it though.

But even if you can get them to accept your device for a battery replacement, it doesn't mean the service happens that day. My dad had a battery replacement appointment near the end of the day and it wasn't ready until the next day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 8:11 AM in response to aleta1947

It's possible that there's an unreserved slot or a no-show, but I wouldn't count on it. I've walked into an Apple Store with something urgent and no appointment. Once I got serviced after waiting for an hour. Another time I was shown available appointment times (most were well into the next week) or was told to come back when they opened the next day to be placed on a walk-in waiting list.

If it's really urgent then there might be Apple Authorized Service Providers near you that have earlier appointment times. Have you checked for appointments? I'm looking up available appointments in my area for an iPhone battery replacement and see several Apple Stores and several AASPs with appointments today. I wouldn't let anyone at Best Buy touch it though.

But even if you can get them to accept your device for a battery replacement, it doesn't mean the service happens that day. My dad had a battery replacement appointment near the end of the day and it wasn't ready until the next day.

Can I just walk into an Apple store for battery replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.