Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can fitness+ videos be downloaded on a Apple TV 4K?

I bought the 64gb model of the Apple TV to have extra storage for movies and tv shows. Recently I’ve gotten into Apple Fitness+ and was hoping I could download the videos on the device so they wouldn’t buffer or pause during my workouts. Is it possible to do this? Thank you for any help!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:25 AM

I bought the 64gb model of the Apple TV to have extra storage for movies and tv shows.

That’s not how that works, though. The extra storage is mainly for apps.

Recently I’ve gotten into Apple Fitness+ and was hoping I could download the videos on the device so they wouldn’t buffer or pause during my workouts. Is it possible to do this?

No, Apple TV is a streaming device, without download options for content.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 6:25 AM in response to NicholasB1

I bought the 64gb model of the Apple TV to have extra storage for movies and tv shows.

That’s not how that works, though. The extra storage is mainly for apps.

Recently I’ve gotten into Apple Fitness+ and was hoping I could download the videos on the device so they wouldn’t buffer or pause during my workouts. Is it possible to do this?

No, Apple TV is a streaming device, without download options for content.

Dec 13, 2021 10:13 AM in response to NicholasB1

All of these devices are used for streaming, no media will be downloaded. If you are experiencing buffering then it's best to investigate your internet and network connections.

Check the Speedtest app for internet details

To see a status of your local network run a diagnostic report on your computer using stumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks.

Try using ethernet

Can fitness+ videos be downloaded on a Apple TV 4K?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.