Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up new ipad

I upgraded to a new ipad, and restored the info from my old ipad to the new one. My wife is taking my old ipad and updated her info to my old ipad. Do I need to delete my info from my old ipad before I restore her back up onto my old ipad

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 10:27 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2021 10:40 AM in response to lssnoopy

Whilst you may have nothing to hide, you would be well advised to ensure that your old iPad is properly reset and erased before handing the iPad to another user for reuse.

If you fail to do so, you may “merge” your sensitive data (such as your Keychain with account passwords) and other AppleID/iCloud account data with that of another person. This not only represents a privacy and account security problem, you may also overwrite someone else’s data.

The most effective way to properly prepare the iPad, wiping all data and removing the Activation Lock (that will otherwise cause future issues) is to follow this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Dec 13, 2021 10:32 AM in response to lssnoopy

lssnoopy wrote:

I upgraded to a new ipad, and restored the info from my old ipad to the new one. My wife is taking my old ipad and updated her info to my old ipad. Do I need to delete my info from my old ipad before I restore her back up onto my old ipad

Yes you need to wipe the old ipad, click and follow the steps in the blue link under related article.

setting up new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.