Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail access on new iPhone 13

I have a new iPhone 13 and when I go to voicemail instead of displaying the recent messages I just get a blank screen with the message asking me to set up a password and a greeting. When I press the "set up" button it takes me to a screen with a numeric keypad and asks me to enter a voicemail password. I have no memory of even having a password for my voicemail, so I assume they mean enter a new one. So I enter a series of numbers, and after asking me to confirm those numbers, it then gives me the message "Voicemail Unavailable - could not authorize access". I really don't know what to do next - anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

BTW, I have been using iPhones for 10 years and I have never encountered this situation - I always was able to access my voicemail by just pressing the sub-menu at the bottom of my screen, without having to enter a password.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 11:50 AM

John777yesthatsme wrote:

I have a new iPhone 13 and when I go to voicemail instead of displaying the recent messages I just get a blank screen with the message asking me to set up a password and a greeting. When I press the "set up" button it takes me to a screen with a numeric keypad and asks me to enter a voicemail password. I have no memory of even having a password for my voicemail, so I assume they mean enter a new one. So I enter a series of numbers, and after asking me to confirm those numbers, it then gives me the message "Voicemail Unavailable - could not authorize access". I really don't know what to do next - anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

BTW, I have been using iPhones for 10 years and I have never encountered this situation - I always was able to access my voicemail by just pressing the sub-menu at the bottom of my screen, without having to enter a password.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/868fa4e4-a28a-4636-93bf-5db66ec3cd7d

That means your phone isn't provisioned by your phone carrier to use VVM, not an Apple or iphone issue, contact yours to fix the issue.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 11:50 AM in response to John777yesthatsme

John777yesthatsme wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/868fa4e4-a28a-4636-93bf-5db66ec3cd7d

That means your phone isn't provisioned by your phone carrier to use VVM, not an Apple or iphone issue, contact yours to fix the issue.

Voicemail access on new iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.