Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Money taken out of account for free app

So I downloaded DoorDash today and it took 16.77 out of my bank account even though it is a free app.. I want that money back.

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:40 PM

Hi,

It sounds as if you had an unpaid balance on your Apple ID that was owed, and once the payment information was successfully updated, the unpaid balance was paid, and then you were able to download and update all apps as normal.

I would recommend checking your Purchase History within Settings to determine where the purchase originated.

If you still wish to request a refund, you can submit one online at reportaproblem.apple.com.

If you have issues submitting your refund request online, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 9:40 PM in response to krysta51

Hi,

It sounds as if you had an unpaid balance on your Apple ID that was owed, and once the payment information was successfully updated, the unpaid balance was paid, and then you were able to download and update all apps as normal.

I would recommend checking your Purchase History within Settings to determine where the purchase originated.

If you still wish to request a refund, you can submit one online at reportaproblem.apple.com.

If you have issues submitting your refund request online, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Money taken out of account for free app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.