Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook was stolen and I know who did it I didn’t have find my mac set up what can I do

My MacBook Air was stolen by someone I know they have it but there husband is also a sheriff so it’s hard to get anything done I don’t have find my Mac activated and I didn’t have much security on it because I never thought this person would do this so if I have the serial number and receipt is there anyway I can track it I only used it a handful of times before it was taken.

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 2:16 PM

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support describes the steps you need to take. In your case specifically, be sure to read and follow the section under If you can't find your Mac or didn't set up Find My.

3 replies

Dec 13, 2021 12:53 PM in response to kristiali

kristiali wrote:

My MacBook Air was stolen by someone I know they have it but there husband is also a sheriff so it’s hard to get anything done I don’t have find my Mac activated and I didn’t have much security on it because I never thought this person would do this so if I have the serial number and receipt is there anyway I can track it I only used it a handful of times before it was taken.

Sorry find my needs to be set up on your MAC in order to track it online.

Serial number and receipt won't do anything.

My MacBook was stolen and I know who did it I didn’t have find my mac set up what can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.