Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone contacts remembering old name

Please help, my friend is going through an awful divorce. I’ve updated her contact details back to maiden name etc and that is working in all places apart from when I add her to a calendar invite. Her name is showing as her married name which she obviously finds upsetting when I try to invite her to a friendly zoom.

ive tried removing her from recents, deleting and re making her contact record.

if I add her to an normal email it’s not doing it so it’s almost like calendar has some separate reference table of contacts

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 11:49 AM

Hi Tippez,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand when you send a Calendar invite it's showing an older contact name, and we'd like to assist. Just to clarify, are these the steps you're following to send the invite?

Send and receive invitations in Calendar on iPhone

Are you tapping the plus symbol and then selecting the updated contact?

Also, which version of iOS do you have? You can find the version in Settings > General > About.

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 11:49 AM in response to Tippez

Hi Tippez,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand when you send a Calendar invite it's showing an older contact name, and we'd like to assist. Just to clarify, are these the steps you're following to send the invite?

Send and receive invitations in Calendar on iPhone

Are you tapping the plus symbol and then selecting the updated contact?

Also, which version of iOS do you have? You can find the version in Settings > General > About.

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

iPhone contacts remembering old name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.