Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still no HDR in Safari after macOS Monterey 12.1. MBP 2021 M1 Pro.

Hi,

I thought Apple have fixed the issues regarding HDR playback on Safari, however after updating to 12.1, HDR still cannot be played.

Is there a way around this? I had no trouble with HDR before, then they removed it.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 5:26 PM

Similar questions

15 replies

Dec 13, 2021 6:34 PM in response to flipswitch

FWIW, these are the Macs that support HDR video…

Mac models that support HDR

These Mac models support HDR video on their built-in display (if applicable) and external HDR10-compatible displays.

My iMac Pro among them as is my M1 MacBook Air. I still don't see HDR showing up in any browser I have installed. Perhaps someone can clarify.

Dec 13, 2021 7:19 PM in response to dialabrain

I see. I thought apple disabled it because I read HDR was causing MacBooks to crash in some situations.

I have changed it and now have HDR. I was aware of this but I wanted to know why it's still not available in 12.1

Do you know what actually occurs when you change the user agent? Will it have any impact on my browser?

Thanks.

edit:

Well I did the same thing for disneyplus but I am getting an error whenever I change the user agent from default. Only working with Youtube it seems.

Dec 13, 2021 8:47 PM in response to flipswitch

flipswitch wrote:

Do you know what actually occurs when you change the user agent? Will it have any impact on my browser?

I don't know how user agents work. I just assumed they fooled websites into thinking you are using a different browser/platform than you are.

Well I did the same thing for disneyplus but I am getting an error whenever I change the user agent from default. Only working with Youtube it seems.

I don't subscribe so I can't test Disney+.

Still no HDR in Safari after macOS Monterey 12.1. MBP 2021 M1 Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.