Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone clicks random buttons

Whenever I just open my phone sometimes it just clicks random buttons to the point where I have absolutely no control over it.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:24 PM

jaylin149 Said:

"my phone clicks random buttons: Whenever I just open my phone sometimes it just clicks random buttons to the point where I have absolutely no control over it."

-------

Two things...

A. Start with a Restart:

Having just installed an update, restart your iPhone, and see if it then is fixed.

and...

B. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 9:24 PM in response to jaylin149

jaylin149 Said:

"my phone clicks random buttons: Whenever I just open my phone sometimes it just clicks random buttons to the point where I have absolutely no control over it."

-------

Two things...

A. Start with a Restart:

Having just installed an update, restart your iPhone, and see if it then is fixed.

and...

B. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

my phone clicks random buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.