Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iphone say to connect to itunes

Have an iPhone it says I have to connect to itunes store I don't understand why. iTunes is for music. Also why if I know my email and password but no longer have access to phone number does support tell me I have to wait literally 30 days (dec.31st) and I can't do anything until then.no talking or verifying who I am and not a month after when now is when I need my account I know the login why is it this way

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:01 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

iTunes can also be used to update and restore iOS and iPadOS devices. Depending on your situation, see either: If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support or If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies

Dec 13, 2021 9:04 PM in response to brobro176

Please post the text of the message.

I suspect the message states “iPhone is disabled - connect to iTunes”.

If so, it’s been disabled, and needs the help of a Windows or Mac to re-enable the iPhone.

iTunes (or Finder, on newer macOS) is the tool used to re-enable the iPhone.

Here’s the procedure: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Why does iphone say to connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.