Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my devices: MacBook Pro 13' 2019

Why can't I find my MacBook on the find my devices? I was told that you can add it to your list of devices if they were to ever be lost or stolen. I can see a list of my other devices but my MacBook is not listed. I've read to enable it on system preferences, Apple ID icon, iCloud header, and then check the find my Mac box. After doing so, I logged on to the find my devices, and yet its not listed.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:36 PM

nresoj Said:

"Find my devices: MacBook Pro 13' 2019: Why can't I find my MacBook on the find my devices? I was told that you can add it to your list of devices if they were to ever be lost or stolen."

-------

Setting Up and Using Find My:

1. Set Up: Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

2. Add: Add your Mac to Find My - Apple Support

3. Use: Locate a Device in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 9:36 PM in response to nresoj

nresoj Said:

"Find my devices: MacBook Pro 13' 2019: Why can't I find my MacBook on the find my devices? I was told that you can add it to your list of devices if they were to ever be lost or stolen."

-------

Setting Up and Using Find My:

1. Set Up: Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

2. Add: Add your Mac to Find My - Apple Support

3. Use: Locate a Device in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 13, 2021 9:35 PM in response to nresoj

Hi nresoj!

Make sure that you allowed location services for Find My in privacy settings in system preferences. (If you don't see Find My, go to System Services in the list of apps, click Details, then select Find My Mac.)

Also make sure that you are using the same Apple ID you are using with your other Apple devices.

Find my devices: MacBook Pro 13' 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.