Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What cable do I need?

OK, not knowing much, I need to know what cable I need to transfer all that is on my old MacBook Pro 13 2012 to my new Mac Pro 1 - 14" ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 4:58 PM

Hi Choral Eddie,

We understand that you need to transfer your data from one Mac to another and we'd like to help. You can actually do this over Wi-Fi using the steps here: Move your content to a new Mac.

Hope this helps.

3 replies

Dec 14, 2021 5:49 PM in response to Choral Eddie

Hi Choral Eddie,

Great question! The information on your old Mac will remain unless you decide to erase that Mac. You'll be transferring a copy of the information to the new device. If you decide to sell or trade your old Mac, you can use the information in the last line of the article that was sent:

"If you're not keeping your old Mac, learn what to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your old Mac."

Hope that helps!

Dec 14, 2021 5:35 PM in response to judysings

Thank you. In the transferring is it possible to keep everything on my old computer as well as transfer all the info to the new computer? I am confused about the wording "replacing" what is on the old computer to the new computer. If I replace it says it will be deleted from the old computer. I would like to keep the same name on both and is that possible? Sorry for this confusion.

What cable do I need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.