Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAM

Hello Users, Anyone encountering hight ram consumptions and barely doing any tasks? This is insanity that made me regret buying the 8GB ram M1 Mac air, And guess what, I have to wait for like 2-3 weeks in order to get the 16Ram one because its customized.

Even if I have the 16 Ram one, the laptop will find its way to use more RAM to be "Faster", Well faster? at what cost? my SSD!!

I tried everything and still my Ram is being 6 to 7/8 used.

-Blocked safari for saving Caches (After losing faith in Chrome and Firefox)

-Emptied my Desktop

-Deleting extra files regularly

-Closing unnecessary tabs

-Avoiding intel apps "Rossetta"

-Closing apps that not in need

-Made 0 apps launch when opening the laptop

Even clean my Mac uses swap when im trying to "free up" the ram from the mini bar

Any solutions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:47 AM

First, get rid of Clean My Mac and check RAM usage. CMM is a problem, more than one really, just waiting to happen.

How is your RAM pressure? If it's all green, all is good.

You're getting a free replacement 16GB model? Waiting builds character my Mom used to say.

Macs are designed to use RAM; the more you have the more it's going to use ... that's why it's there. If you can run all your apps and RAM pressure is "in the green" your Mac is running as it's designed to.

The speed increase because of increased RAM will be negligible. Your drive, SSD vs. HDD is a main, and most often, determiner of speed. That and all the other compatible and optimized components working in concert.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 2:47 AM in response to AnasZeidat

First, get rid of Clean My Mac and check RAM usage. CMM is a problem, more than one really, just waiting to happen.

How is your RAM pressure? If it's all green, all is good.

You're getting a free replacement 16GB model? Waiting builds character my Mom used to say.

Macs are designed to use RAM; the more you have the more it's going to use ... that's why it's there. If you can run all your apps and RAM pressure is "in the green" your Mac is running as it's designed to.

The speed increase because of increased RAM will be negligible. Your drive, SSD vs. HDD is a main, and most often, determiner of speed. That and all the other compatible and optimized components working in concert.

Dec 14, 2021 8:00 PM in response to AnasZeidat

AnasZeidat wrote:

And guess what, I have to wait for like 2-3 weeks in order to get the 16Ram one because its customized.

There's a couple of 16 GB RAM MacBook Airs floating around on Apple's Refurbished store (be sure to select the correct country). Ordering from there should be a lot faster, as those Macs are already built and just need to be shipped.

RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.