Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging problem

Hi, i realised that my iphone stops charging at 89;92percent but when i unplung and then plug in the charger it continues and stop at 98 percent i tried disabling the optimised charging feature but i have the same problem. Could you please help me.

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:50 AM

Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone will charge again when the temperature drops. Try moving your iPhone and charger to a cooler location.

iOS 13 and later uses Optimized Battery Charging to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time that your iPhone spends fully charged.

Your iPhone uses on-device machine learning to understand your daily charging routine so that it can wait until you need to use your iPhone to finish charging past 80 percent.* Optimized Battery Charging is active only when your iPhone predicts that it will be connected to a charger for a long period of time. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 2:50 AM in response to Gtoken

Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone will charge again when the temperature drops. Try moving your iPhone and charger to a cooler location.

iOS 13 and later uses Optimized Battery Charging to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time that your iPhone spends fully charged.

Your iPhone uses on-device machine learning to understand your daily charging routine so that it can wait until you need to use your iPhone to finish charging past 80 percent.* Optimized Battery Charging is active only when your iPhone predicts that it will be connected to a charger for a long period of time. 

Charging problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.