Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Verification number is incorrect

I am adding a email account to my iPhone 11. When I go to verify the account, the phone number that comes up in not the correct phone number. I have made sure the number on the account is correct, but I am not able to change the number that keeps appearing to verify too.

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 9:49 AM

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and you can edit your Apple ID details.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203993

Change trusted phone number.

5 replies

Dec 14, 2021 10:41 AM in response to faaland1220

Are you adding an additional email to your AppleID (the one that is signed in on the phone) or changing the AppleId on your phone?

I have an alternate email address and an alias email address with my Apple ID.

Both created via iCloud website.

The Apple ID on my iPhone is the same as when I sign in to my Apple ID account page.

”the number that comes up” - is Apple sending a code to the # to verify or is that # simply showing on the AppleID management page?

Not really understand what do you mean with ”the number that comes up

I have only 1 phone number, so that is also the trusted phone number.

Dec 14, 2021 11:19 AM in response to Raicya

Are you adding an additional email to your AppleID (the one that is signed in on the phone) or changing the AppleId on your phone?

I’m referring to adding an Alias or additional email to an already existing AppleID or using a brand new AppleID and signing in with it.

if they are using two different AppleIDs they could have two different numbers. Hence why the number would be different on the account page.

Also, If the browser isn’t trusted (and they have no access to the trusted phone number) they cannot change the number at AppleID.apple.com.

Ultimately I was just trying to get a good sense of the issue. Sometimes what people explain and what they actually mean are two totally different things.

Email Verification number is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.