Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS 12.1 desktop background and screensaver

I've been waiting for the Monterrey fix for the photos screensaver issue, so was excited to see 12.1 available with said fix.

Very disappointed now though, as it's worse than it was before. Not only does the screensaver not show photos, changing of the desktop background has the same problem as well. The photo thumbnails do not appear on either background of screensaver settings panels, well most of the time. I did see the thumbnails twice.

Anyone else seeing this?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 7:58 AM

Yeah, thanks, but not a fan of what I read about that utility. Probably innocuous, but I'll pass.

Strangely enough, desktop wallpaper and screensaver work as advertised - just the Settings UI seems to be a mess.

Thanks again!

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 14, 2021 6:49 AM in response to LakeLifeLG

Etrecheck

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. Safe to use

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

macOS 12.1 desktop background and screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.