Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the screen orientation

How do I change the screen orientation on my iPad?

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 8:59 AM

Johnnybagadonuts Said:

"How do I change the screen orientation on my iPad?"

-------

Changing th eScreen Orientation:

A. Sometimes You Can't:

Using landscape is not an option for all apps. That is because it is the way the App is designed. It is a spec of the app itself. That's just the way it is :(

B. Give Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this option.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their costumers prefer, and what to include in iOS updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this it be an option, and how you think it can help other.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 8:59 AM in response to Johnnybagadonuts

Johnnybagadonuts Said:

"How do I change the screen orientation on my iPad?"

-------

Changing th eScreen Orientation:

A. Sometimes You Can't:

Using landscape is not an option for all apps. That is because it is the way the App is designed. It is a spec of the app itself. That's just the way it is :(

B. Give Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this option.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their costumers prefer, and what to include in iOS updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this it be an option, and how you think it can help other.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Dec 14, 2021 8:56 AM in response to Johnnybagadonuts

To switch between Portrait and Landscape view, you generally only need to rotate the iPad to the desired screen orientation.

For newer models of iPad without a side-switch, you may need to disable your Screen Rotation Lock. To do so, you need to access the Control Centre; swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always* appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

(*) For compatible Apps that are intended for iPhone, iPadOS15 will now automatically rotate the App to display in Landscape screen orientation. There is no manual configuration or setting to enable this feature.

However, Apps designed for iPad that are expressly coded to force Portrait screen orientation, iPadOS15 will honour the intended Portrait mode. iPadOS15 will not override the App coding.

How do I change the screen orientation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.