Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nextdoor IPad application no longer supports landscape mode

As of December 14, the Nextdoor app for IPad no longer comes up in landscape mode. I contacted Nextdoor support and they are saying it is a Apple issue not a Nextdoor developer issue. I’ve made a report to Apple but wanted to see if this is an issue for others. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 8:35 PM

Not surprising that following the link in a browser shows up normally, squaglia. The link takes your browser to a page on the Nextdoor website. Your browser knows how to display in landscape even if some third-party app (Nextdoor app in this case) doesn't.

14 replies

Dec 16, 2021 3:58 PM in response to Bethanyliz19930

Same issue here; thank you for bringing this up on the apple forum. I hope that Apple is listening and makes whatever changes are needed to correct this issue. I use my 12.9 tablet with Apple's magic keyboard. Not being able to view Nextdoor in the landscape mode is pretty annoying, especially given how much money Apple charges for the tablet and keyboard accessories.

Dec 16, 2021 9:09 PM in response to Fj1811

Apple is not listening here in this user-to-user community, except for a few folks to keep order and provide canned answers to neglected questions.

When I checked on my iPad Pro, I found the Nextdoor app was displaying normally while the iPad was in landscape mode in the Magic Keyboard.

There was an update (version 5.291.13) offered in the App Store, dated three days ago. As soon as I applied that Nextdoor update and relaunched the app, it was displayed in portrait mode only.

From this, I conclude the problem is with the Nextdoor update, not with iPadOS. Nextdoor needs to fix it.

Dec 17, 2021 8:29 PM in response to jocomo_ri

I was having the same problem. I even tried to contact Nextdoor but i should have realized that app developers never want to talk to users. It would spoil their algorithms. But finally i got fed up trying to read my comments and other comments sideways and i took action.

So i deleted the Nextdoor app completely. Whipped of my device. If you are like me you will still get some emails from Nextdoor from thread you either started or commented upon. Open one of those email and folllow the link to view post. I did that and Nextdoor opens in landscape again. Mind you, i do not officially have app on my device but it still opens up and in the appropriate orientation. Don’t ask me why. I have no idea. But it works.

Nextdoor IPad application no longer supports landscape mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.