Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPP token gets disabled in Intune/Apple Business Manager

Hi.

Our enterprise has been using Microsoft Intune and Apple Business Manager to manage iPhone and iPad as company smartphone device since 3 years ago.

iPhone is DEP device.

We sometimes have a problem that newly configured Intune iPhone cannot install APP.

The cause is that VPP token is no longer valid in Intune side, so we have to download VPP token from Apple Business Manager and register it into Intune.

This happens before VPP token itself expires ( We renew VPP token for Intune every year).

I can say this happens 3 times in 12 months. Not sure the timing.

This happens only in our European region. It doesn't happen in Asia nor USA.

Please advise if anything I should check to avoid the problem reoccuring ?

Thanks.

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:19 AM

This is an issue with Intune. I've seen it happen with Jamf as well. You should reach out to Microsoft for further assistance. This happens when your MDM has a glitch and loses connection, then for some reason cannot verify the date on the certificate. I've been able to restore in the past by uploading the same certificate again, which strongly indicates that the error is not on Apple's end.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2021 11:19 AM in response to prio76

This is an issue with Intune. I've seen it happen with Jamf as well. You should reach out to Microsoft for further assistance. This happens when your MDM has a glitch and loses connection, then for some reason cannot verify the date on the certificate. I've been able to restore in the past by uploading the same certificate again, which strongly indicates that the error is not on Apple's end.

VPP token gets disabled in Intune/Apple Business Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.