Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't I receive a verification code on my phone number via SMS when I try to login to iCloud on a Macbook?

When I try to login to Apple ID via browser, the verification code comes in via SMS. However, when I login to iCloud on my Macbook Pro 2015, I don't receive the verification code at all. Is there any solution? My Apple ID account was created through a browser because iCloud on my Macbook shows a Server Error message every time I create an account.

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 9:54 AM

Hi lugas123,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're not receiving a verification code when trying to sign in on your Mac and you were able to review Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication.

As mentioned in this support article, you can request the verification code from either your iOS device or Mac. If this doesn't come automatically to your Mac, make sure you're updated to El Capitan or later. You can request the verification code from Apple menu () > System Preferences > Apple ID > Password & Security > Get verification Code.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 9:54 AM in response to lugas123

Hi lugas123,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're not receiving a verification code when trying to sign in on your Mac and you were able to review Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication.

As mentioned in this support article, you can request the verification code from either your iOS device or Mac. If this doesn't come automatically to your Mac, make sure you're updated to El Capitan or later. You can request the verification code from Apple menu () > System Preferences > Apple ID > Password & Security > Get verification Code.

Regards.

Why don't I receive a verification code on my phone number via SMS when I try to login to iCloud on a Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.