Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers to Contacts. Rhyme or Reason?

Trying to find some rhyme or reason here. I was able to export a Numbers spreadsheet to CSV and then import that into Contacts. On the Mac (a 2012 mini running Mojave), it went very smoothly. All of the records in the spreadsheet transferred over as expected. I was able to import all of them into a specific group created just for this import. However, when I open Contacts on a new iPad Pro running iPadOS 15.1, I can see the group but only about 1/2 of the contacts appear. There are 258 on the Mac in Contacts but only 122 in the same group on the iPad. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which ones are not displaying on the iPad. It really appears to just be random.

It would be great to be able to work with this same group of contacts on the iPad as well as on the Mac but as of now, that seems to not be possible. Would love to get some ideas as to why or what i can do about it. 

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 3:38 PM

From your description this does not sound like a Numbers question per se, as you successfully exported your data from Numbers via CSV to Contacts.

This seems more related to syncing between your Mac and your other devices.

If you can't get the syncing working (sometimes it sorts itself out if you wait a little, or if you sign out of iCloud and then back in again) then you might pose this question in another section of the support community.

You might also find some clues about to how to troubleshoot the problem in the Contacts User Guide or iCloud Support.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 3:38 PM in response to Bill Evans2

From your description this does not sound like a Numbers question per se, as you successfully exported your data from Numbers via CSV to Contacts.

This seems more related to syncing between your Mac and your other devices.

If you can't get the syncing working (sometimes it sorts itself out if you wait a little, or if you sign out of iCloud and then back in again) then you might pose this question in another section of the support community.

You might also find some clues about to how to troubleshoot the problem in the Contacts User Guide or iCloud Support.

SG

Numbers to Contacts. Rhyme or Reason?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.