Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Calendar App Missing 2nd Alert Setting

While creating calendar events with the online iCloud.com Calendar there are two input fields to set alerts, they are labeled "alert" and "2nd alert". Also, while creating calendar events with the iOS Calendar app there are two input fields to set alerts, they are labeled "Alert" and "Second Alert".

YET, while creating calendar events on the MacOS Calendar app, Big Sur, there is only one input field for alerts, which is labeled "alert". There is no option to add a second alert.

Where is the "2nd alert/Second Alert" option on the MacOS Calendar app? Why is there inconsistency/missing fields between the platforms?

When I set "2nd alert" through the online iCloud.com Calendar, or also when I set "Second Alert" through the iOS Calendar app, it will then display this additional alert on the MacOS Calendar app, labeled as "alert". How then do I set a second alert when creating a new event using the MacOS Calendar app? Creating an event while sitting at my iMac with its Calendar app, then having to open that event in iCloud or iOS in order to add a second alert is an unnecessary hassle.

This is a clear and simple inconsistency in Apple's software, causing user confusion and user inefficiency.

I don't believe I'm overlooking a setting/preference which enables a 2nd alert field on MacOS Calendar, as I have searched online including this community and found no resolution. Yet I have seen other users complaining about this inconsistency and hassle.

Please let me know if I am missing a setting/preference on MacOS, or if this is merely Apple software inconsistency.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:06 AM

Create the first alert, then hover your pointer just to the right of it:

Click the cross in the circle and add a second alert. And a third... And a fourth...

Cheers,

H

Similar questions

2 replies

MacOS Calendar App Missing 2nd Alert Setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.