Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3’s won’t play

After iOS 15 update on iPad and iPhone I can no longer play MP3s from websites directly in the browser… I’ve used DuckDuckGo and Safari it looks like it’s going to play for a second and then I get this screen. This has never ever been an issue I’ve played them from websites this way for years…

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:55 AM

6 replies

Dec 16, 2021 12:14 PM in response to bsurfm

Hi there bsurfm,

While this could be caused by several factors(the website itself, needing an update, etc.), we'd like to help narrow it down as much as we can.

To see how we can help, please confirm the following details:

1. Are you not able to play any media from any website, like the YouTube website as one example?
  2. Is the website you mentioned the only one affected, and what's the link?
  3. You mentioned this occurs on both your iPhone and iPad, but let's work with your iPhone for now. Which model are you using, and what's the iOS version number showing in Settings > General > About?

Cheers!

Dec 16, 2021 2:18 PM in response to bruno75

Thanks for writing back!

1. Are you not able to play any media from any website, like the YouTube website as one example? Youtube vimeo etc all work fine.
  2. Is the website you mentioned the only one affected, and what's the link? I'm realizing now, web audio players are working fine, it's only when there is an mp3 link on this one website (its a password protected work website unfortunately) (click, opens new page) that it doesn't work. I just tested it by adding a url mp3 link of my of my personal sites and it works fine...
  3. You mentioned this occurs on both your iPhone and iPad, but let's work with your iPhone for now. Which model are you using, and what's the iOS version number showing in Settings > General > About? iphone xr, 15.2

Dec 16, 2021 2:29 PM in response to bsurfm

Hello bsurfm,

That's good to hear video streaming websites work without any issues, along with other mp3 websites.

We can also rule out being outdated from your iPhone side of things.

As this is narrowed down specifically to your work related website, we recommend contacting your IT department to see what they have to say. They may also need to reach out to the website host, but we're not able to say what would be required from their end.

We hope this helps, and take care!

Dec 21, 2021 11:47 AM in response to bruno75

I talked to IT and the website owner and nothing has changed. The problem happened right after I installed both iphone and iPad os's. Here is a video to show you exactly what happen. You can see once I click the button, a player appears very briefly, then I get the play button with the line through it error. When this worked (just a couple weeks ago), I would get the player screen (without the error following), press play and it played fine. I've been doing this on this website and iPads since the very first ipad came out...this is the new operating systems bug of some sort.

https://youtu.be/OVAD__pkv4o

MP3’s won’t play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.