Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max and green tint at low temperatures

I noticed that the screen of my IPhone 13 Pro Max turns to a green tint (at low brightness) when the temperature outside is low and the telephone is not used; at home, with normal temperature, the screen returns completely normal.

Any other feedback? I read a similar post on Reddit

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 3:08 PM

Same thing happens with my 13 Pro Max. Screen turns green (mainly the dark grey colours used in settings with dark mode) at low brightness whenever my iPhone feels cold to the touch. After using it (and heating it up), the screens turns more or less normal again.

I’m not sure if Apple would consider replacing my iPhone for this?

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 3:08 PM in response to Numero7

Same thing happens with my 13 Pro Max. Screen turns green (mainly the dark grey colours used in settings with dark mode) at low brightness whenever my iPhone feels cold to the touch. After using it (and heating it up), the screens turns more or less normal again.

I’m not sure if Apple would consider replacing my iPhone for this?

Dec 21, 2021 1:16 AM in response to louisvdm

Yes the fridge is just to speed up the process…sincerely speaking I don’t know how is possible that some screens are sensible to low temperatures and some others no…I think that this “feature” is more or less present on all oled iPhones…A different thing is if the green tint is always present, in this case is clearly a defected unit

Jan 22, 2022 11:47 AM in response to oDucko

Sure. However, Apple has multiple suppliers, and as I noted before there can be manufacturing variations.

If its operating normally within the specified operating temperature, there may be no recourse for claiming that it’s malfunctioning when it only happens when it’s outside the operating parameters.

Mar 9, 2022 3:57 PM in response to Numero7

I am having same issue with my iphone 13 pro, i went to the apple store they replaced the screen, but it didn’t work. Then they replace my iphone. Weird thing is that i am still having the problem in my new iphone. But the girl at the store told me that if you’ll still have the problem there might be something wrong with your iphone backup :(

iPhone 13 Pro Max and green tint at low temperatures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.