Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Static/Popping Noise

Connected my Apple TV 4K through HDMI pass through of a Yamaha receiver. I experience a clicking/popping almost static noise when scrolling or unpausing anything I watch. Happens on all surround speakers. Any idea what could be causing that?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:15 PM

Hi trepinski08.

Did you connect your Apple TV with HDMI to your tv, and the tv to the Yamaha receivers?

If so, it may be that the tv to the Yamaha receiver are the cause for the static noise. Also see that the HDMI cable is inserted correctly. If problem still continues, try using a different HDMI cable or different speaker system.

Also take note: Apple TV can connect to speakers via bluetooth.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 11:15 PM in response to trepinski08

Hi trepinski08.

Did you connect your Apple TV with HDMI to your tv, and the tv to the Yamaha receivers?

If so, it may be that the tv to the Yamaha receiver are the cause for the static noise. Also see that the HDMI cable is inserted correctly. If problem still continues, try using a different HDMI cable or different speaker system.

Also take note: Apple TV can connect to speakers via bluetooth.

Apple TV Static/Popping Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.