Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find an iphone owner with locked icloud device

i think i just bought a stolen iphone what should i do it is locked with icloud and i want to find his owner

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 9:51 AM

You cannot do so unless the owner has, of their own accord, provided contact information with a lost mode screen message. Otherwise, there is no way to find the owner. Apple will not get involved with lost or stolen personal property so they will not even take your request for any information.

Turn it in to the police or at the least, recycle it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 9:51 AM in response to hytham128

You cannot do so unless the owner has, of their own accord, provided contact information with a lost mode screen message. Otherwise, there is no way to find the owner. Apple will not get involved with lost or stolen personal property so they will not even take your request for any information.

Turn it in to the police or at the least, recycle it.

Dec 16, 2021 9:55 AM in response to hytham128

Unless the previous owner has enabled this, there's nothing you can do.

Although you might think it convenient, it would be a major privacy violation if someone could somehow identify you from a lost/found phone.

If the user has reported the device as lost and configured a message to display on the locked screen, then you can use that to get the phone back to them, otherwise there is nothing you can to do trace them back.

how to find an iphone owner with locked icloud device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.