Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downgrade to Big Sur?

Hello,

I've had enough of macOS 12. My docking station, none of my USB hubs work every since I've upgraded to macOS 12.

Everything works fine on my Windows PCs and I specifically even installed DisplayLink drivers, but nothing.

The displays show up, but none of my USB devices are working, but they work fine on 2 of my Windows PCs and even Mac OS X High Sierra on my MacBook.

I am so disappointed with Apple.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 4:36 PM

1 - create a bootable installer according to this Apple document: How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

2 - boot the bootable installer.

3 - erase the drive.

4 - install Big Sur

5 - select Migration Assistant when offered and restore your users data from your Time Machine backup or clone of your current boot drive.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 4:36 PM in response to Taavix

1 - create a bootable installer according to this Apple document: How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

2 - boot the bootable installer.

3 - erase the drive.

4 - install Big Sur

5 - select Migration Assistant when offered and restore your users data from your Time Machine backup or clone of your current boot drive.

How to downgrade to Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.