Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download Kindle APP

I am unable to download the Kindle App from the App Store. I accidentally deleted it from my iPhone 8 ios15 3 days ago and have been trying in vain to get it back. All I get with "download" is an airdrop opportunity to another device. I want it on the phone!

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:25 AM

Thanks for those details, keenanmsc.

If you think you may have the Kindle app already installed, but you can't find it, you can follow these steps to Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone and search for an app in the App Library.

Give that a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Keep us posted.

4 replies

Dec 17, 2021 5:51 PM in response to keenanmsc

Thanks for reaching out, keenanmsc.

It sounds like you're having some difficulty with installing the Amazon Kindle app. We can help.

When you download an app for the first time, you will see the option to "Get" the app in the App Store. If you've downloaded the app previously, you'll see a cloud icon when downloading, but the download will work the same way. Amazon Kindle also may ask that some features be enabled to locate additional Amazon devices, but this should not impact your ability to read books on your iPhone.

Can you tell us more about what happens when you try to open and read a book in the Amazon Kindle app?

We'll go from there.

Dec 18, 2021 5:35 AM in response to Eric--F

ok. I search and find KINDLE in the App Store and click it. II see "OPEN" and the download icon which I click. Kindle is nested with several apps and with airdrop. Below is a line "Copy link" and below that "Edit Actions..." I click on "KINDLE" next is a screen which asks for a title and author to send to the Kindle Library. But this will not restore the App on my iPhone. apparently the App Store thinks I already have the KINDLE APP which I guess I do somewhere but it is not visible!

btw thanks for your help!

download Kindle APP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.