You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my iCloud password

so basically I have a iCloud account that I no longer use but i’m trying to get back into it, I dont know the password but I do have the email, can I get some help on that please.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 4:14 PM

3 replies

Dec 16, 2021 4:17 PM in response to Ijustneedmylogin

Use your own device to reset your password

Use the steps below to reset your password from any trusted iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac. 

On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch with watchOS 8 or later

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password.

3. If you're signed into iCloud and have a passcode enabled, you'll be prompted to enter the passcode for your device.
  4. Follow the onscreen steps to update your password.

On your Mac with macOS Catalina or later

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
  2. Click Password & Security. If you're asked to enter your Apple ID password, click "Forgot Apple ID or password" and follow the onscreen instructions. You can skip the final step below.

3. Click Change Password, then enter the password you use to unlock your Mac.

Use a trusted phone number, trusted email, recovery key, or account recovery contact

• In some cases, you might be able to reset your password using a trusted phone number and trusted email. 
  • If you use a recovery key for account security, you can use it to help reset your password on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Learn more about using a recovery key
  • If you already set up an account recovery contact, your account recovery contact can help you reset your password on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Learn more about using an account recovery contact

If you can't change or reset your password

If you tried the previous steps and were unable to change or reset your password, try these steps instead. 

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key.* Learn what to do if you don't receive your verification or reset email
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password. 

After you reset your password, you'll be asked to sign in again with your new password. You also might need to update your password in Settings on your devices.

* If you permanently lost your Recovery Key or access to your trusted device, you can't change your password.

Link

I forgot my iCloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.