Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth doesn't work

I have a 2016 MacBook Pro updated to Monterey and the bluetooth no longer works. I have googled and tried every option that they have suggested. when holding the control and option keys and clicking on the bluetooth icon it doesn't show me the extra menu everyone is talking about. ive tried everything anyone can think of and nothing is working please help!!!!

MacBook

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 2:14 AM

Hi,

Try to check Bluetooth module hardware with Apple Diagnostics if it reports Bluetooth related error(NDL001).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 30, 2021 4:15 AM in response to olepappy416

2019 Macbook pro: Headphones stopped working after Monterey. The headphones work with iphone, and Magic Mouse works with Monterey. Tried everything I could find online to fix the headphones problem on the Macbook, with no luck.

Finally called Apple support when I got a chance, and the problem seems to be that Monterey includes a Bluetooth security update which is not supported by some (e.g. older or third party) Bluetooth devices. Thus, they will not work on a computer running Monterey.

It appears Apple is well aware of the potential for devices to no longer work after updating to Monterey but has not informed users of the potential Bluetooth incompatibility with some devices such as speakers and headphones.

Customer service was nice and helpful in terms of telling me the problem. But I've got nothing but expletives for Apple itself for not informing about this compatibility issue.

I asked customer service which headphones would work with Monterey and was told there *was* an article that would help me, but neither he nor his colleague could find it. All he could tell me is that I Monterey supports Bluetooth 4.1.

bluetooth doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.