Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does disabling iMsg iCloud sync affect messages on Mac

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a question I can’t seem to Google an answer for. I’d like to know if I disable syncing messages from my iPhone to iCloud, will that will result in me not receiving messages (text or iMsg) on my Mac machine?

Thanks in advance for your help. 🙂

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:48 AM

Messages in iCloud keeps your messages in sync. So, deleting on one device deletes everywhere. If you turn the feature off, the devices to which you have message forwarding will still receive your messages they will just be out of sync.

2 replies

Dec 17, 2021 10:47 AM in response to muguy

I think I understand what you mean. Just to confirm I’ll provide an example. Let’s say in the scenario where I have iCloud disabled for messages on my iPhone, if I understand correctly, receiving an iMessage or text will still arrive on all my devices, however if I were to respond from my Mac, that response would not be see on my iPhone? Is that correct? Am I understanding it correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Does disabling iMsg iCloud sync affect messages on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.