Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPad Pro not recognizing my iPhone 13 pro max but recognizing other devices to airdrop?

Since today morning my iPad Pro isn’t identifying my iPhone 13 pro max even though it’s very close to each other and both the devices have turned on Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Airdrop ( Everyone ) . The iPad recognizes other devices except for my iPhone but my iPhone recognizes all the devices including the iPad Pro. This is quite a issue because I can’t airdrop from my iPad to iPhone and also both the devices are having the newest IOS and iPadOS. If you can give a answer it’ll be a immense help. Thank you

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 12:56 PM

Hi sandesh293,

We understand you're having trouble using AirDrop with your Apple devices. Have you tried restarting both devices since noticing the issue? Be sure that your AirDrop settings are correct following this article.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Keep us updated.

2 replies

Dec 18, 2021 12:40 PM in response to sandesh293

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, sandesh293!

From our understanding, your iPad is not identifying your iPhone for AirDrop. We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

To start, go through each bullet point in the “Before you begin” section of this article: How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

Why is my iPad Pro not recognizing my iPhone 13 pro max but recognizing other devices to airdrop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.